Improvements and Upgrades
Enhancements make a home more comfortable and convenient to live in and at the same time increase its value. Consider these improvements that you can enjoy now and for years to come and you'll reap the rewards both short and long term.
- Take advantage of the array of shelving systems at home centers and get your closet organized. Empty, assess, and reorganize your closet with easy-to-install shelves.
- Simple changes to a home can create a more comfortable and convenient place where everyone in the family - no matter how young or how old - can live.
- Ten inexpensive ways to add value to your house and enjoy the improvements you make. Learn about home maintenance chores, landscaping projects, and easy home upgrades.
- Prevent mildew and moisture from developing in bathrooms with a vent-light combination.
- Open up your roof with a window that brings daylight and sunshine inside.
- Decisions, decisions - that's what you're faced with remodeling or redecorating a kitchen and bathroom.
- Transform a room with dark and stained hardwood floors by refinishing them with a fresh new finish.
- Transform the exterior of a house with vinyl siding for a maintenance free surface for years to come.
- Here's an overview of the choices you have to consider when choosing a new countertop material.
- Here's an overview of the many facets of faucets to consider when replacing one.
- When it comes to swapping an old window for a new one there's a lot to know. Here's an overview of what to consider.
- Extend the life of a central AC unit with these simple maintenance chores.
- Make the most of doing DIY jobs around the house with preventive maintenance projects that enhance your home's value and save energy dollars in the future.
- Find cost information for building a deck made of cedar, composite material, redwood and deck tiles and compare the cost of doing it yourself with hiring a contractor. Consider adding an awning, pergola, railing and underdeck ceiling to expand its use.